Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Because

How do I know that we are soulmates?
After all, it's only a hypothesis, and
Belonging is more than just good sex,
effortless communication, confluence of interests,
even happiness or freakishly consistent timing...
Because I never believed in soulmatedness
before I met you;
Because of how I feel with and
without you;
Because I have never stopped talking to you.
(Now, I just do it out loud...)
Because it's your reactions I looked for;
Because I am most myself with you;
Because I cannot help being myself with you.
It's not a dogma,
just a constantly challenged hypothesis...
Because coincidences are too frequent to be coincidental.
Perhaps they are shortcut signs distilled through
long different roads we traveled
to arrive at each other,
after all?

No comments: