Sunday, September 17, 2006

House Rules

You know, though we call it "our home," it's more yours?

Oh?

It has your styles, your rules.

It does not feel like home to you?

It feels more like home than my place.. But I still feel like a guest here.

Hmm..

And, except for my clothes, it's not like there is a lot of my stuff here.

There is a toothbrush,..

Yes (smile)

Kitchen stuff.

Yes

...

You know..

Yes?

Perhaps it is always the case.

What do you mean?

That it is a woman, who makes the home and sets the house rules; and it's a man, who brings the food and protects the home and people in it.

You have a point.

Like it says in one of Kipling's stories.

Who is that?

Kipling, as in the Jungle Book.

A-ah. And?

"In the beginning, there were a lot of wild creatures roaming the earth, the man - the wildest and most uncivilized among them. And he would have stayed this way, if not for the woman."

So, what happenned?

She invited him into her cave to live and the first thing she asked him to do was to wipe his feet at the entrance.

Ha-ha-ha.

I know what I ll do.

What?

I will clear this shelf for anything you want to put there.

My love, you don't have to do this.

I know.

...

So, what happened next in the story?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*smiles* -W