Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Fish Soup

- My love, the salmon needs to be cooked tonight

- OK

- Is there a way you would like to cook it?

- Funny you should ask...

- Yes?

- I have been craving something.

- What is it?

- ... Fish soup

- Well, salmon doesn't work well in soup

- ...

- It just doesn't taste right in it

- ...

- Alright, I have an idea

- Yes?!

- I can make you the French fish soup - we have sardines - with tomatoes.

- And will you put the salmon in it?

- (laughing)

- Because, like you said, we need to cook it tonight..

- But it tastes terrible in soup!

- ...

- (laughing) You just want that salmon in the soup, right?

- Right..

- OK, I know what can be done.

- What?

- You know how salmon has two parts, thick and thin?

- Yes.

- I can slice off the skin and put the rest into the French soup. I will stuff the skin with nuts, etc. and fry it. Would you like that?

- Yes!...but..

- What?

- I would rather you spent time with me, than cooking..

- It would take twenty minutes!

- ...

- What else?

- Nothing...

- (laughing) Something else you still don't like?

- I do...

- Tell me!

- No.. you will get upset..

- (laughing) Come on, tell me!

- I just would rather have clear fish broth instead of the French soup.. Made with salmon..

- Yak! it's going to taste terrible!

- ...

- (laughing) Alright, salmon broth it is! God, I love this woman!

No comments: